Design

Monday, September 13, 2010

Measurements, Health Problems and Pictures

It is VERY helpful to read the book before you begin and as you do these workouts

I have learned that I am a short torso/long leg body. Mostly because I have absolutely NO space between my last rib and my hip bone. After I take my measurements today I will verify my self analysis of my body type.

This is the description for a Short Torso/Long Leg body in the book.
  • The distance from your rib to hip measures two inches or less
  • The distance from your knee to ankle is equal to or greater than the distance from you knee to hip.
  • You tend to gain weight along the inner thighs and lower tummy.
This means I have to ESPECIALLY strengthen my core muscles to keep my organs in place, since they really don't have much space to go except OUT. It also plays into the fact that I won't be able to do all the exercises to the extent other people might with their longer torsos.

UPDATE:  So I took my measurements for my body type.  These measurements are 1. Bottom Rib to top of hip bone: 1" (maybe, probably less) 2. Knee joint to ankle bone: 15" 3. Knee joint to hip joint: 15"

With these measurements I would definitly put myself into the Short Torso/Long Leg Category, but... how and where I collect my fat is more of a COMBO with Short Torso Tendencies.  You will be able to see in the pictures below more of what I am talking about.

Why a Short Torso/Long Leg? Well...I have a thick waistline with a bit of bulging tummy and pooch.  With a little butt I can tend to arch my butt which inactivates my muscles at the top of my hip and so I store fat there so I got myself some nice "hip pads" and pushes my organs forward and down to create my pooch.  And my upper body is definitely larger than my lower body.

Why a combo?  Well...I am prone to back fat and hip pads and I keep a nice roll of fat below my belly button and have a little more meat on my upper arms.

Regardless...these are just guidelines and I don't need to feel  boxed in.  But understanding my body structure is helpful in choosing clothes.  After my 4 weeks test, I might have even more of a understanding of my body structure because I will have removed some of the extra baggage.


MEASUREMENTS

BUST: 44"
PECS: 41"
RIBS: 34"
WAIST: 37"
ABDOMEN: 40"
HIPS: 42"
UPPER THIGHS R: 25.5"  L: 25.5"
LOWER THIGHS R: 17" L: 17"
CALVES R: 15.25" L: 15.25"
UPPER ARMS R: 13" L: 13"

HEALTH PROBLEMS
Currently I weigh 190 lbs. That is at least about 35 lbs. overweight for me. I am not free of stress in my life which also plays a big part into weight gain. I have recently moved from CA to UT within 3 weeks of my husband being offered a new job; and I homeschool 2 of my 3 kids. Those are some of my basic stresses.

I have experienced some Hypothyroidism (Hasimotos Thyroiditis) that has improved, but shows my tendency towards Auto-Immune Disorders. I have Left Knee issues that seem to show arthritic problems, or weakness from a Arthroscopic surgery 10 years ago. Though I have 3 healthy little girls, I have lost 2 boys at 20 weeks pregnancy in 2007 and 2009. I would like to get pregnant again in the near future but still have my anxieties about carrying a baby full term. Since my last miscarriage, my menstruation cycle has been a bit irregular, going from anywhere between 28 - 36 days between cycles. I have had acne breakouts on mostly my chin and jawline, as well as some of my hair line. My skin tends to be very dry and I have a bit of an itchy scalp. I have been loosing a lot of hair of late which seems to have migrated to my chin. My legs fall asleep quite fast when I sit and my arms do the same at night when I sleep and my shoulders get very stiff during sleep. I feel shortness of breath when I move suddenly or climb stairs. I wake up most mornings with feeling of swelling in my hands and feet. My left foot has been experiencing a lot of pain in the last 3 months. My arch in constantly hurting me and shoes don't seem to support it.

I do get around 8 hours of sleep each night. I take UniKey's Female Multiple Vitamin and Dr. Ohirra's Probiotic daily.

I try to drink at least 64 oz of water or Cran-water daily. I have a tendency to miss breakfast but will try to eat at least 3 meals a day plus my snacks of course.

PICTURES
 I think I have described my body enough and will let you examine these pictures.... :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment