Design

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 10 - A Harvesting Principle


This is becoming routine, in a good way.  Everyday I get my heart rate up and every day I feel my muscles spent after I work out, but then I still have energy for the rest of the day.

One of the more easy exercises during the workout is called a Reach Scoop.  It is so simple that I thought I must be doing something wrong in my form and technique so I double checked the book for more information.

With the weight on R leg and the L leg extended slightly to the side of you, reach your L arm over your head and let your R arm drop lateral to your leg.  Your shoulders should be in alignment with your hips and not tilted forward.  It allows gravity to pull your body over more and stretch more along the L side.  Hold and inhale then reach and straighten your L arm as you bring it back down to your side and tap your L leg as you continue on the other side.  Really you are reaching with one arm and then flipping the palm to do a scooping motion as you bring the arm back to your side.

What I didn't know before: R arm should hang straight down, inhale and exhale two counts each - so hold for four counts, reach down while you reach up, it extends the stretch from Rib to Hip exercising the transverse ab muscles (lower tummy).

And as always: Focus on tucking your butt & KLT with your bent knee

Yesterday I ordered my TOTAL WORKOUT Kit.  It includes my body brush and I am excited to see the effects of that over time.

I am trusting a harvesting principle as I do this... little bits over a long time can reap great rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment