Design

Monday, March 14, 2011

God Made, Man Made

Since I finished my 30 day January Jumpstart Challenge I am glad to say I am still going strong.  I have found the courage to start working on my choice of food now.

Just for the record:

Feb 28 - TWO
Feb 29 - Spinning Class - 30 min of death!
March 1-6 Aunt Flo came to visit and I just couldn't do much that week for both emotional and physical reasons.
March 7 - TWO
March 8 - BWO+ and 4 miles @ gym. 
March 9 - BWO+
March 10 - BWO+ and 4 miles @ gym.
March 11 - can't remember
March 12 - off
March 13 - off
Today - March 14 - Critter Crunch 1 hour Instructional.

I have been holding steady on my inches lost.  Gained more weight.  I realized though that my "at the heart of it issue" isn't about my ability to get up and MOVE.  My struggle is my relationship with food.  What I choose to eat and how much I eat of it.  I am more willing now to say NO to certain foods because saying NO means I am saying YES to ME! 

I might have a slight problem with thinking that if I don't take advantage of the great food in front of me NOW, then it won't be there in the future.  So, basically living in a scarcity mentality.  This morning I told myself that I don't have to do this anymore.  I am not going to starve.  Food will always be available,  sweets will be there too.  I can enjoy those later.  I am just going to focus on my NOW. 


I started a food journal today.  NOT my favorite thing, but I want to hold myself accountable, so for the next while I get to write out all I eat, record my exercises and maybe share a bit of the emotions around what I choose to eat.

I am also excited to have joined a dinner/recipe program called the Six O'clock Scramble.  Dinner is always my hardest meal of the day.  I receive the Menu on Wednesday for the next weeks meals.  I do my shopping on Saturday and start my new meals that night.  These meals are healthy and great!  Providing the main course as well as a healthy side dish.  Last night was Egg Noodles with Cabbage and Onions and a side of Artichokes.  I consider that tasty AND healthy. 

The other food aspect of letting go of my weight/size is implementing in my own way Teresa Tapp's diet program called God Made, Man Made.  Basically for 2 days in a row you eat God Made foods.  The 3rd day you are allowed to have a bit more Man Made kind of foods.  I think the focus here is to create a pattern of moderation.  I like that. 

When you order her Start-up Program the GM/MM guidelines are included.  Teresa says the program "is a straightforward way of training your body to process Man Made carbohydrates to keep weight under control." 

So in trying to focus on what I CAN have on GM days here are some options you might be surprised by.
Proteins: LEAN MEATS, raw ALMONDS
Dairy: I was sorta surprised by this one.
Veggies: Of Course!
Fruit: Considered God's Candy.  Keep to 2 servings a day.  Keep it fresh, when possible!
Bread, Grain, and Rice: QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY!   Whole grains without preservatives.  (Go Ezekiel Bread!)
Sugar & Fat: MODERATION in honey and dried fruits, also butter and olive oil.
LOTS & LOTS of WATER

No comments:

Post a Comment